So you think you want a Corgi.
Who can resist a Corgi? With that foxy face, stubby legs, and bunny butt… those cute little cylindrical fur logs with the big ears… they are cute as dogs can be.
Pick up a book on dog breeds, or visit a breed-selector web site, and you will find that Corgis are smart, easy-to-train, and have an easy-care, dirt-repelling coat.
They are loyal to their people, can live peacefully with other animals, are good watch dogs and don’t require acres of running room.
Toss in a convenient size and the fact that they can be happy in most climates, and they sound like the perfect dog.
If you are considering to own a corgi, or you’ve just become a new corgi owner, there are some realities you do need to fully accept.
Here are the twelve realities new corgi owners must accept! If you already are a corgi owner, see if you can relate!
2. And your couch is no longer your couch
3. Your car will start to feel smaller
4. You will get A LOT of Corgi love
5. They will be waiting for you . . . always
6. You will no longer be the crazy one in the house
7. Your TV will become “our” TV
8. You will see a whole new level of lazy
9. You will learn to fear the crazy Corgi eye
10. You will get a lot of Corgi looks when you leave the house
11. You will have a nap-time partner, whether you like it or not
12. Your kids will have new best friends